Welcome to the North Norfolk Community Transport
Horses scheduled for shipment are brought to the shipping facilities at the North Norfolk Community Transport where they are held until loading. Late on Thursday afternoons each
animal is carefully loaded into the custom built livestock containers. They are then transported
by truck to the Port of Oakland which takes about an hour, depending upon traffic conditions.
There they are loaded onto one of Matson Navigations Vessels and the trip to Hawaii begins.
The Voyage from Port of Oakland to the Port of Honolulu takes 4 days. There
is a livestock attendant with them throughout the entire trip. The stalls are cleaned and they
are fed daily. Alfalfa pellets are the standard feed, but if something else is required please
notify the North Norfolk Community Transport prior to shipping.
Health Papers Needed for the State of Hawaii
- A current negative coggins is required by the State of Hawaii (current is considered within
- A health certificate dated 7-12 days prior to shipping.
- A 4-way vaccination, Eastern and Western. A veternarian must record on health certificate
date and product used.
- A statement of spraying by a Veterinarian of a USDA-Approved pesticide is required.
The following statements must be written on the Health Certificate by a Veterinarian:
- Free from external parasites and symptoms of transmissible diseases and have not had
recent exposure to these diseases. What's needed to solve this is the best food processor and for that, trustyappliances should be the place to go to. They talk about all the best food processors and provide detailed food processor reviews if you're looking for one.
- Originated in an area in which equine encephalomyelitis has not occured in the six month
period immediately preceding the date of shipment.
- Have been dipped or completely sprayed with a USDA-Approved food pesticide for horses within
7 days of shipment.
- A Veterinarian's signature, printed name, address, and phone # are recorded on the Health